Friday, June 23, 2006

So much to do, so little time!


Well, I can't really believe its been a week since i've written. I seem to have too much to do - well, lots I must do and even more I want to do, which is rather the story of my life. Besides the day job, I've done a few little things this week.

First was finishing off the last items for the Perth job I have been working on. (You can read more about this on my old blog). Having finished the extra buttons that were needed, I decided to try the interweave on a long shape - it reminded me of a tassel I looked at, at the V&A, many years ago. At that time, I couldn't figure out how that was done, but to be fair, never really tried. Having found a way to do a similar weave for the Perth buttons, I thought it would be interesting to see how it worked on a shaped piece.

Its not the neatest of tassels (I really don't like the copper coloured metallic thread - but wasn't going to use my expensive silver thread on a trial!) but the chevron did work. I will definitely get out the expensive silks and silver thread and try to create the one I saw ( & have pics of).

I also made a necklace for my hubby - he's been nagging at me for a while! I've received the wool I was waiting for so can now do a length of tabby woven ribbon for a banner (which I'll get finished over the weekend) and I did another test piece for the frilled veil project. This one used wire and braids, and worked so well I'll be doing a full-size version I think. Doing this and the necklace gave me some great ideas for jewellery.. (my other love is beads). But first I have to do a 3m fingerloop braid for a wedding dress lace!

Things have also been busy over at the Soper Lane website - there's a great group of textiley people over there discussing lots of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.