Thursday, July 03, 2008

All set for IMC

The paper's written, the OHPs printed, and the train tickets booked, Leeds here I come! I'm only able to go for the day, which is a shame, but I am looking forward to it all the same. I suspect I'll still be making small changes on the train on the way there, but hopefully nothing too drastic...

I said that my garden was like Springwatch at the moment, here's a couple of pictures to prove it. No telephoto lens - this baby was so new he wasn't scared (peanuts were far more interesting!) and my hubby was actually this close. Isn't it adorable!


Besides working on the other tassel, I've been obsessing a bit about 'point de milan' at the moment. I'm sure that it is a variation of the chevron buttons, but I am having difficulty getting it to work well over a shape other than a ball. The thing is, most of these techniques have a 'hard way' - which is usually the first thing you figure out, and an 'easy way' - the way that it becomes obvious someone doing something for a living has to work it. I just haven't quite gotten that! Then of course, I will need to find some originals to inspect, to double-check, as opposed to just looking at images. I'll get there in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.