Friday, August 15, 2008

Taplow brocaded band in use


The last few weeks have been sooo busy and I do need to get this blog up to date! However, for the time being, here's a picture of the Anglo-Saxon gold brocaded band in use. It's running along the edge of the man's tunic, from should to hem. And isn't it a great picture? Thanks Mike for letting me post this.
A few people have asked about the gimp machine, well, I think the machine is good, but the operator needs some serious practice! It will eventually need some tweaking, because the motor only spins for a z-twist, and I think it needs wheels. Eventually I do hope to get a picture up, but I haven't had as much time to get it right as I'd hoped yet. But at the moment, all it is is a motor with a hook - so nothing special to photograph anyway!
Fingers crossed the weather hold a bit this weekend - its the Bosworth Medieval Festival, which was rained off last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.