Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alot of weaving lined up...



I'm currently working on the next batch of gold brocade tablet weaving - this time using red wool for the same client that had the blue bands. It's moving along nicely, though I'll be having break shortly as I have had to order more gold plate, and it's made-to-order so I won't get it until the end of the month. The red wool makes the design easier to see in bright light - as when the gold reflects as dark, it has something to contrast against. Very interesting.



I am still waiting for a special order of silk to arrive for a girdle that I will be working soon; it seems as though I've waited forever, yet it's still within the 28-day timescale so I'm not yet stressed about it arriving. I'm just used to it not taking as long as they say it will....


1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.