Sunday, March 22, 2009

Silk ribbon rosettes




For one of my major long-term projects, I've been playing with using silk ribbon to create bows and rosettes. The image above shows a bow and rosette made from the extra ribbon I recently wove, and I have to say that using this silk ribbon made creating these shapes SO much easier than trying to use a synthetic ribbon (which I had initially tried to use so that I wouldn't damage the silk ribbon!). Honestly, if you fancy making rosettes don't even attempt it with modern ribbons - the feel is completely different, and it just doesn't want to be manipulated in the same way.

2 comments:

  1. it's so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:16 am

    I've had a lovely visit to your website today (looking for Dorset buttons). Your work is beautiful.

    Trudey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.