Friday, May 08, 2009

Sad news

My lovely eldest dog, Togo (the black one in the photo) has been very ill. It has been confirmed that he has cancer, and at 14 there's not too much that can be done without alot of stress to him - and then really for no real guarantee of success. He could have days, weeks or months - hopefully the latter. As we pretty much thought we would be saying goodbye on Tuesday, its nice that we aren't - the treatment from the vet has meant his appetite has returned, as has his bark (albeit rather quieter than it used to be) and he's doing doggy stuff again - he has even been playing a bit. So long as he is comfortable and enjoying his old age than we'll be 'happy'. But its very sad knowing we could be saying goodbye at any time. Its a good thing I do have so much weaving to do really, it means that he can sleep quietly without feeling he has to be up and about doing things - if I wasn't weaving I'd be gardening, and he'd be insisting on following me round the garden.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear this, but happy that you have time to enjoy him for some time longer. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Togo. He's had a good run, 14 years is very respectable for medium to large dogs these days. Enjoy him as much as he enjoys you. *virtual hug*

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.