Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Something old, something new...

One set of frogging for a bridal coat! I very nearly had it - something old - antique gold thread and antique button moulds, something new - the silk (and the frogging itself), and something blue - the blue silk which has been mingled with grey to achieve a match for the coat. But, I just couldn't think of a suitable borrowed I'm afraid!

I forgot to say that I recently received my copy of The King's Servants by Caroline Johnson. A lovely book - full colour, beautiful illustrations and really nice paper - and though I've only had time to skim through it, it looks to be wonderfully researched. I did some laces for Caroline some time back and have to say I am quite thrilled that she's mentioned me! items like laces and buttons are usually just included in the photo and never mentioned.

So, for me a bit of a breather now. Time to get stuff organised (a very serious issue, I've nearly forgotten what silk I have!) and get back to writing and research for a little bit. And hopefully, if this rain ever eases up, visit some good events....

6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous frogging!

    And congrats on the mention in the new book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful indeed. And if you really want to get "borrowed" covered as well, you could borrow her one half of the small frogs for the wedding (and collect payment after that). Or she'll just have to borrow something else : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya gina, would love to trade with you on atcs for all, 'now wash your hands' am a newbie, so not sure how to tell you on that site...tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely frogs!! Will you be getting pics of the finished outfit? Be nice to see them in action as it were.
    Congrats on the book mention as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan Hicks12:17 pm

    Stunning stuff. Love your TV show too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.