Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weaving tablets now for sale!

As part of getting ready to organise more workshops next year, I have sourced someone who can make weaving tablets for me. These are now available in my shop.

There are four different types of tablets - all available in packs of ten. All are oak, and the holes are made by burning which results in a smoother hole than drilling.

There are square tablets with 5 holes - the standard one in each corner plus a centre hole. These tablets also come with a 'Beginning Tablet Weaving' sheet to help get you started.

I have also produced a square tablet with 9 holes. Nine I hear you ask - well, the tablets found in the Oseberg Ship burial have quite a variety of hole placements (though it appears that the tablets were still only traditionally threaded). My 9 holed tablets combine the different hole placements in one tablet (and have an additional centre hole), so the advanced weaver could really get adventurous with these!




I also have 3-holed triangular tablets, for those of you who wish to try Roman weaves, and 7-holed hexagon tablets - 6 side holes and a centre hole.




5 comments:

  1. The look lovely. How thick are the 5-hole tablets?

    //Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, All of the tablets are 3mm or thinner (if they needed a bit of extra sanding!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina--do you still sell the three-sided, three-holed tablets? I'd like to buy some....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy,
    Yes, just very low stock at the moment - please contact me direct - infoATgina-bDOTcoDOTuk
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I've been laid off from work so I won't be buying craft supplies for awhile, but I'll remember your e-mail address when my situation improves.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.