Friday, December 11, 2009

Button cufflinks


It's that time of year again! I am trying to be more organised this year, but still failing. Ah well, still have a couple of weeks!

The picture is of some gold thread leek button cufflinks I've made as a gift. (Don't worry - he doesn't read my blog!) I was pleased at how they turned out - so much so that I think I am going to start wearing cufflinks myself - I reckon this would be a good way to show off some of my buttons. (Now just to make some blouses for cufflinks). Because working the leeks gives a raised area on the back - perfect for buttons as its a ready made shank, this doesn't work when you want to mount it to a flat cufflink blank. So instead, the threads had to be laid over both the mold and the cufflink. Rather time-consuming, but worth it in the end.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Now I want to start wearing cufflinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, well done.
    Le Loup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cuff links, many people do not realize how a pair of cuff links can change the appearance of your attire completely. I think that cuff links are one of the best unisex fashion accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the gold cuff links look impeccable and full of elegance. They seem fit for both male and female while promising fabulous style while adorned with some matching outfit or accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buttons Cuff-links looks very innovative design point of view.Also the gold coloring looks awesome on it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.