Thursday, May 06, 2010

Quiet perhaps, but still here...

It's been a busy few weeks in the day job - and will remain that way for some time. However, I've not been wasting my evenings!

I've been working on my latest article for Your Wardrobe Unlock'd, on how to make fabric trimmings for the late Victorian period. So, I have been pleating, gathering, and taking lots of step-by-step photos! Lots of very feminine frills!

The prototype of my new loom attachment is still undergoing a bit of work. We are currently trying out a couple of attachment ideas so that it can be used on most looms without any damage - Very Important. So, in a couple of weeks I do hope to at least have the first ready to test.

And I have a new loom in my collection now - a vintage bead weaving loom. Lovely thing, though it has had a teeny bit of woodworm in the past so I'll have to treat it before I use it. As you can see, it still has a part-worked piece - and these little beads are lovely. Almost a shame to take it apart to clean and get the loom working. But, another skill to learn!

Next week I'll be back in 'shop stock' mode - I currently have alot of nearly finished purses, laces and other little items to get ready to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.