Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm back... more or less!

After a summer I do not want to repeat again, I am back. Well, slowly, but getting there. Thanks to everyone who sent well-wishes, it was really nice of you.

I can't say that I've been particularly creative while recovering, but I have practiced some netting and macrame fringe, and done a little bit of hand sewing and quilting for a fun quilt I'm working on (that will probably take me years to complete!).

While I've been laid up my husband re-decorated my work room, including getting a whole load of new furniture units in. I'm still trying to figure how he got everything up the stairs single-handed! There's still some sorting out to do (I must go through the books for instance and we still need to move a few bits around), but its lovely in there, and has quite inspired me to start trying to be creative again.

I'm still limited in what I can do, at the moment for instance I can't really weave, warping up is too long a process, but I have been working on some ideas for some unusual textile work - it'll be interesting to see if I can get the ideas out of my head...

So, the shop is now re-open, with some new items there, including some evening bags/reticules which were going to be put up prior to my hospital treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.