Thursday, February 17, 2011

Buttons and weaving

It's been a while since I posted, yet the time seems to have flown by. January's paperwork pile and tax deadlines were all met and then the brain had some proper down time. Feb is always a little bit of a flurry with birthdays, anniversaries and other such things that need my attention, but I am managing some very serious work in between.

The brocaded tablet weaving is going very well (touch wood!) I did try to get some photos at the weekend, but gold plate and flash photography just doesn't mix well. I have finally ordered (and now received) a little mini studio - lights, table-top 'box' and mini tripod (though that's really too lightweight for my camera, I'll stick to the big tripod!). So, although the loom won't fit inside, it is perfect for all of the little finished items. In theory, I shall have alot better images to throw at you all in the coming months, I just need to practise...

In between, I have had some smaller custom work to break up the very intense work that is brocading, including laces and shirt tassels and some cufflinks, and doing an awful lot of quoting. You can see some photos here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginabsilkwork/ - my new flickr account. I have also signed up for twitter - @GinaBsilkwork - as I am actually intending to spend less time in front of the computer and more time creating this year.

I am starting on a very big, at-the-moment-top-secret project. What I can say is that it involves buttons. Lots of buttons. I am actually dreaming buttons now, and its only a couple of weeks in...

I hope that the weather is starting to improve for everyone. It is still cold here, but at least the snowdrops have flowered. It may not feel like it, but spring is on the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.