Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Exciting news

I'm really thrilled to be able to finally talk about this. It's only been going on for a few years! Back in 2008, at the International Medieval Congress, I was asked if I would like to contribute to an encyclopedia of medieval textile terms. Because the paper I presented at the time was about passementerie, I was asked to contribute under that heading. Time passed, I gave a little paragraph, (there was a very strict word count involved) and then time passed again. And then I was asked to expand the piece, so I did, happily - passementerie is a pretty big subject actually, even when some individual items will be having their own entry. And then time passed again.

Well, last week, the contributors list was distributed, (and I am so thrilled to be included with these scholars) and so I figure now's as good a time as any to let everyone know!

To quote from the official website

The single volume Encyclopaedia of Medieval Dress and Textiles of the British Isles c. 450-1450 is a unique work that intends to bring together the latest research from across the range of disciplines which contribute to our knowledge of medieval dress and textiles. 

Yay! And I am the contributing author for the passementerie entry.

And yes, I am as pleased as punch!

Seriously, this look as though it will a great book for so many of you who follow this blog. Entries include just about everything you could think of. And hopefully lots of libraries will have it - it's a pricey one .....

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, well done.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. *congratulations*

    *sparkly stars*

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.