Friday, October 21, 2011

New items in my shop and little updates

It's been a very busy couple of weeks for me, and most it isn't stuff that those of you who follow my blog will actually want to read! It is however the usual case for October, it does tend to be a paperwork month.
But, some of that paperwork has been developing new kits for the shop, including kits to accompany the Making More Buttons dvd, and thread packs.

('Candy' thread selection pack)

I've written an article, and am currently writing the scripts for the next two titles in the Making Passementerie series, as well as working on samples. And as an aside - I've been working on a puppet. Another very interesting project.... ! So all in all very busy.

However, I am hoping some of you may be able to help. Fibrecrafts used to so a range of worsted wool, 28/2 in a variety of colours. They are no longer supplying this super fine weight, does anyone know of who does? It does really need to be wortsed, as it needs to be the long staple as my intention is to use it for weaving. I don't mind going up to the next size, but a couple of my clients want the finest, as even that isn't quite as fine as some historic examples!

In case you didn't know, I will be back at Create & Craft tv tomorrow (Saturday) at noon. And a November date has been pencilled in as well. It is proving alot of fun - I am surprised how much I am enjoying it, though really it isn't very different from doing a demo in costume at an historic site. So, if you are in the mood to watch, you can see it on Sky 671 | Freeview 36 | Freesat 813 or watch online at http://www.createandcraft.tv/ShowGridView.aspx (this link takes you to the current live programme, so should work)

2 comments:

  1. Finnish company Vuorelma has an Nm 36/2 combed wool (tex 28/2). It's called Kampavillalanka, and can be ordered from their homepage:
    http://kauppa.vuorelma.net/PublishedService?frontpage=true&theme=2

    and they seem to accept international orders.

    DeVere also has a 28/2 worsted although it's listed as embroidery yarn. I have their sample cards and I wouldn't hesitate using it as a weaving yarn (I think that's what it actually is). So if you can ask them for larger amounts than the 25 metre skeins, maybe that's a better option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'll check the Finnish site. I have to admit I had forgotten about DeVere's range (I hope this isn't a sign of old age!) - I have the sample cards too...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.