Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy New Year! It is still January, I can still say it...

Hello! I am so sorry I have been lapse with the blog at the moment. Though I really must encourage you to 'like' my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @GinaBSilkwork as I do tend to make small, quick daily updates there, very useful when I really don't want to bore you with paragraphs of nothing.

I hope that you all had a good holiday season - isn't it hard to believe that it wasn't that long ago? Seems ages already. Here in the midlands of England, it has really been odd weather-wise, so very mild that my quince already has flowers and I noticed a small rose yesterday. Mind you, the wind has been terrible, and living up on a hill, wind like that can get really irritating. Still for something different, a picture of me, DH and our lovely dog Bo, out for an early morning walk the other week. (getting arty, what can I say?)



And so, on to news and other such things. We've been busy putting together the next two DVDs in the set - Making Braids & Cords and Making Frogs & Fancies. Making Braids is due out in February, with Making Frogs in March. Then we'll start on the next titles on the list! (Believe me, the list is very long...). Yes, The Making Passementerie series is going to keep me very busy this year.

We are also working on the most brilliant thing. I can't give out too much info yet, but it is practical, pretty and if you like passementerie, you'll need it. More info as I can give it out - prototypes are all working well, just a little bit of tweaking and we'll have it. We're looking at March for a launch of this.

So, as I said over on Facebook - the gods of all things electric have to play nice. (The gods of lighting already got mad and I am waiting on new studio lights, so I need to try to appease the others or my schedule will be blown!)

I have a double page spread in this quarter's issue of the Create & Craft Club members' magazine - yes, you do have to be a member to get this so here's a little pic of the spread-


And next month I will have a project in Popular Crafts magazine - so do stay tuned!


I am also currently pencilled in to join Create & Craft at the Stitch & Craft show at the Olympia in London - at the moment it looks like I'll be there on the 18th, but nothing's confirmed as yet.

And so, shows - I'll be on Create & Craft this Saturday (28th) at 2pm - and I hope to have a little project for you that uses buttons, with a pattern to download from my site next week. (Again, hoping those electric gods are nice to me..)

After that, I'm scheduled in for the 18th of Feb at 2pm (early days yet - that one could still change of course).

Do tune in if you can - I always have a little something to give away to whoever's email is drawn from the spotty potty, so remember that you can contact the show for a chance to win.

And, on top of all that, I am still working on commissions! I shall be starting a very intricate gold brocade tablet weave - based on the Taplow finds - and I am looking forward to getting on with that. It has been a while since I've done any tablet weaving it seems.

I hope that you all have a healthy, happy and lucky 2012, and thank you all for following me and my ramblings - I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.