Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tassels, weaving and Create and Craft dates

Hello everyone! Time for another blog update....

This month has / is so busy on the commission front, and it seems as though everything is need very quickly. I have worked on a lovely set of passementerie trimmings for a bridal ensemble - I love the purple and red mix of silk. (click the images for larger versions)


For those of you who follow my Facebook page, you will have seen that I have also been weaving metres and metres of fine silk ribbon with a picot edge. This is for costumes for the Tudor Tailor's forthcoming book on Tudor children's clothing - it will be so interesting to see the finished baby's outfit. Very soon there will be alot of very well dressed children at a Tudor event near you!


I also have a large amount of gilt thread Death's head buttons to complete for a Georgian suit, rosarys, shirt collar ties , medieval laces - all wanted for the same date! And that doesn't count the new items I have been working on for show displays. It's a good thing I like my job, ;-)

This month has also seen my latest article / master class in Your Wardrobe Unlock'd - Continuous Frog Fasteners. Perfect timing as my latest dvd (in case any of you missed it!) is 'Making Frogs & Fancies' !

More exciting - I have a table full of prototype items which we're working on bringing you very soon, and the filming of the next dvd starts next week. 

For those of you who are interested, the Trimmings Table should be back in stock next week. Yay!

If you are able to, do please tune into my Create & Craft shows - one is scheduled for this Saturday (19th May) at 2pm, and I am also due back on Jubilee Day - June 2 at 2pm. (Perhaps some Union Jack buttons should be on the agenda?!) Don't forget that you can watch online! I always have something as a give-away for the 'cup of chance' , so it might be worth emailing in too ;-)

Hopefully the sun will struggle through soon. I know that the rain is really needed in this country, and everything is looking lovely and green, so I'll be happy to let it continue through May - but it would be nice to have some sun in June, don't you think?

Don't forget that you can follow me on Facebook - I do tend to post up little snippets a couple of times a week there, so it is an easy way to keep updated. 

Thanks for reading! 



3 comments:

  1. Your poor little fingers will be worn to stumps! It's great that you have lots of work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see how you handle the rosaries. You know about paternoster-row.org and paternosters.blogspot.com, right? Feel free to ask if you have any questions. There are some intriguing things in the documentary evidence that would be interesting to see in real life!

    If I may put in a small plug for my book _Bedes Byddyng_...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossymamma - Luckily, there's nothing too harsh on the fingers in that lot!
    Chris, I'll be making two very simple medieval strings - black silk fingerloop braid, 4 sets of 6 red beads (to mimick dark coral) and 4 larger clear to mimick rock crystal (all handmade lampwork beads) ending in black silk tassels, as the client says - "A great thumping thing that doesn't look like an afterthought!" I know your website well- thank you for the link to the new book. I know a few people who will be interested in that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.